CPS Skylight – A first look into a new product launch that provides the dental team with a sneak peak at the latest dental products and equipment.
CPS produced the following comments and reviews following its skylight evaluation of our editorial Board. Full Evaluation from the rest of the team in our next issue of CPS Magazine.
First thoughts and Comments
- “Very easy to place the Barrier”
- “Makes Cross Contamination an non issue”
- “A Great addition to our standard of care in our practice”
- “Patient’s appreciate the consideration of a disposable barrier in the aid of cross contamination”
i-Barrier is a single use, touch sensitive disposable tablet sleeve by Crosstex.
The i-Barrier comes with 100 disposable sleeves in a cardboard box with instructions for use.
For the use in covering any tablet such as an iPAD to prevent contamination after contact with any infectious materials.
Why do we need it?
We all know that OSHA states “all equipment and environmental and working surfaces shall be cleaned and decontaminated after contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials. The use of disinfectants on some dental surfaces and equipment in the dental practice, which can damage surfaces. The i-Barrier is recommended instead of using a surface disinfectant that could cause potential Damage to the iPAD or Tablet.
The i-Barrier for Operatory Use
- Insert the iPAD or Tablet into the sleeve, with adhesive strip facing back of tablet.
- Remove the Adhesive
- Fold over and close the i-barrier for a seal-tight fit
- Remember the i-barrier has given the IPAD room for the operator to swipe the tablet to maneuver the applications
The cover of the i-Barrier is smooth to not take away the detail of the IPAD presentation. Make sure the patient has a good hold of the IPAD not to drop it on the floor. 3 sizes will be available to allow the IPAD cover to be completely cover if needed. Eash cover can be removed and discarded after every patient. If taking a photo of the patient, your digital camera or intraoral camera is recommended while using the i-barrier.